Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Weekend Getaway

Michael and I decided to get away for the weekend for a much needed relaxing weekend for just the two of us. We had such a wonderful weekend! We stayed in Pacific Grove in a cute little place called the Sunset Inn. The room was small but cute and it featured a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Friday night we went to the Fish Hopper for dinner and I had Ciopinno & Michael had a steak and lobster...yummy!

We had a couples massage at Elysium in Monterey on Saturday morning after we slept in which was absolutely amazing! I had hot stones incorporated into my massage and let me just tell you that there is nothing better. I can't really explain it but it was THE BEST massage I have ever had. Thanks Mom! (She gave us $$ to use for our massages for our birthdays). Then we went to this place called Gianni's which is a pizza place for lunch. It smelled so good driving by Friday night that we had to go in and taste what smelled so good. Mmmm....was that place good.

We then headed back to our room and then walked across the street to the beach and just enjoyed the sun and the sound of the waves. Saturday night we went back to Cannery Row and ate dinner at the Chart House. This time I had a filet mignon and Michael had oysters on the 1/2 shell for an appetizer, then he had prime rib and king crab legs and then we shared a chocolate lava cake. Needless to say we ate good. On the way back we caught the sunset...our first sunset together.

Then Sunday rolled around and we decided we should make a trip to the wharf because after all, who goes to Monterey and doesn't go to the wharf? So off to the wharf for some clam chowder, a few pics, and then we were off again. It's funny how we didn't do much of anything really but we had the BEST time we've ever had. It was so relaxing and just being together enjoying one another was great.



I think we put a little too much bubbles in the jacuzzi!
 
At the beach...

Such a beautiful day.

Weird but kinds cool looking flowers.

Beautiful coastline

Just the two...actually three of us!

Sunset



df

1 comment: