It is really hard to imagine that all of this is going on inside of me yet I can't feel a thing. I should be able to feel some "fluttering" in the next few weeks or so, but nothing just yet. It is a strange thing being pregnant for the first time. It's hard to explain but I have never really "felt" pregnant, other than the migraines that I experienced early on and the fatigue. Everything seems to be the same except that none of my pants fit from this every thickening belly. I am really looking forward to feeling this baby's flutters just so that I have some peace of mind that everything is OK in there. Seeing the ultrasound on Friday though definitely made it more realistic, but I was still looking at the ultrasound in amazement thinking that this little miracle was growing inside of me.
So, we are now at week 16 and in the next few weeks the baby will double its weight and add inches to its length. Right now, baby is about the size of an avocado:1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. The ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. Baby has even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, baby's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day.
It's growing...
Ultrasound from 4/9
Michael & his sister Dee Ann
Michael as a baby...isn't he cute?! Nice hair!
Michael & his cousins playing dress up!
These pictures were just too cute and funny not to share.






I love the new ultrasound pic! It is true what you said too that it is an unbelievable experience when you're looking at your own child in your own belly! I feel the same way about wondering if it's still there. It definitely makes you believe there has to be something greater that is doing all the work!
ReplyDelete