Michael and I started looking at cribs and furniture for the baby's room which was fun. The baby's room, boy or girl, will have a jungle animal theme to it. We are trying to familiarize ourselves with the different car seats and other item that we have absolutely no clue about. We definitely look like first time parents in the stores. We got our FIRST baby item yesterday...a red BOB. Perfect for trying to get back into shape after our little one arrives.
I've been trying to clean our the closet in the baby's room that has been my overflow closet for 4 years now...what a chore! At least it is forcing me to donate old clothes that I always think I might wear again while at the same time knowing that I will never wear them again! Hopefully in the next month or two we'll have the room cleaned out and ready to be painted. Exciting stuff!
So how about baby? Baby starts plumping up this week, as body fat is deposited under the skin. The baby will continue adding these essential layers from now until it leaves the womb, when baby will need them to help stay warm in the outside world. Added bonus: They help baby achieve that precious, pudgy baby look.
Baby is continuing to "breathe" amniotic fluid through the lungs, prepping for those first oxygen-packed breaths after baby's born. Baby weighs 5 ounces now, about as much as a turnip is around 5 inches long from head to bottom.
Baby's delicate skeleton continues to harden from rubbery cartilage to bone, so I'll have to make sure that I'm chugging that milk. The calcium helps build a strong, sturdy frame. Baby's umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.



I love reading your blog and hearing how you're doing!! So exciting. And you look FANTASTIC. If I look half as good as you when I'm pregnant some day it will be a miracle.
ReplyDeletejen love the blog!!! and i love the fact that you got the Bob. We have the single one and the double one and I love them both!!! glad to hear baby is ok despite the work incident. hugs to you both!
ReplyDelete