Monday, November 22, 2010

Seattle Trip

A few weeks ago we spent about 5 days in Seattle. We decided to make the trip as I was being inducted into the Husky Hall of Fame at the University of Washington. But...it also meant that Michaiah would get to meet her other Grandma, Grandma Lorraine, for the first time and her Uncle John and Cousin Hugh as well. It was also Halloween and my best friend, Erin's, birthday. It was a weekend packed to the brim, but it was so worth every minute.

I honestly never expected to be inducted and I had no idea what a big deal it was until the induction ceremony/dinner. I must say I was extremely humbled and felt very honered to be part of such a class of people.

It was truly an amazing event and it was so special to have my friends, teammates, fans and family there with me. It has been a while since I had seen some of my friends and it really was great to see them after so long. My poor husband was out in the hallway with Michaiah, who wasn't happy, when I was called up to accept the award and had to miss out on my speech. Bless his heart though for taking her out and watching from a distance. Below are some pictures of the event.


Me and the "Hat Guys"

Becky & Aaron and their beautiful daughter Ashlyn. Congrats to them as they are expecting again!!

Me & MO


My beautiful husband and me.



A few of my old teammates. Heather (now UW Softball Coach), Erin, Me, Becky, MO











As I mentioned earlier, this trip was also the first time that Michaiah would meet her Grandma Lorraine. It was so nice to be able to see them spend some time together finally. Grandma Lorraine will be coming down to visit the week of Thanksgiving which will give her a lot more time to get to know Michaiah.In a perfect world, we would all live near one another but we'll just have to make do with the time we have together.












 While in Seattle Michaiah got to meet Uncle John and Cousin Hugh.


 


It was also Halloween and my best friend, Erin's, birthday! The big 33!! Oh my gosh how we are aging so quickly it seems. We dressed up little Michaiah as Tigger and went trick-or-treating with Erin's kids.We had such a wonderful time with them and with the kids. It had been such a long time since seeing the kids that they seemed so grown up!













No comments:

Post a Comment