The first few weeks were a little rough, mainly because she had her days and nights confused and she was up most nights and the lack of sleep had me looking like a walking zombie! (She's just now starting to sleep a little better, thank God). Other than that though we have been learning more and more about little Michaiah and about being parents.
She has been doing great though. She definitely takes after her daddy in the eating department that's for sure!! Michaiah is a big eater and has quickly grown our of her newborn clothes. She had her second doctors appointment on Friday and she is a little over 9lbs now and the doctor says she's doing really well.
Bathtime has started to get easier as she is starting to enjoy being in the warm water. We FINALLY got her to take a pacifier as well which helps soothe her somewhat. Turns out that she didn't like the one I originally tried to give her but I bought a Soothie this morning and tried it and thank goodness it worked!
The last milestone this week was that she took a bottle too! I had been strictly breast feeding her since day one since I didn't want to have to deal with the whole nipple confusion thing, but we decided to give her a bottle a few times a week so that she'll get used to it and hopefully before long Michael and I will be able to get out for some time to ourselves.
She is just too cute for words.
| After bath time... |
| Daddy & Michaiah |
| Michaiah's first bottle. |

So beautiful!!! I am so happy for both of you!
ReplyDeletexo, Carol and Jimmy