Thursday, August 12, 2010

Green Thumb

Michael has taken on a new love of gardening and planting.  He has done an absolutely wonderful job with our garden and beautiful plants. After much frustration because of some rodent eating our cilantro, Italian parsley and sunflowers and a few months without any produce we have finally been able to enjoy some things...mainly our peppers! Michael was able to pick a ton of cayenne peppers, some Thai chilies and even a few jalapenos. We can't wait for the habaneros to to come in so then I will be able to make Michael's favorite 5 Alarm Salsa.

We've got about 4 tomatoes growing although our tomato plants are over 6 feet tall! Who knew they could get so big? We're hoping that they'll start producing more fruit soon but because of the weather it has been slower. Our basil (sweet, lemon & Thai) and rosemary has been doing great! It's so nice to just go outside and pick some basil instead of having to run to the store to get some.

Michael planted me some sunflowers because he knows how much I like them. When I lived in Italy I always loved the fields of sunflowers but I never thought that I'd have my own little piece of Italy in my own yard. You'll see in the pictures below that some of our sunflowers are taller than our roof line!

Michael & his garden





Huge tomato plants!



Our humongous sunflowers!

Can you see the praying mantis?

1 comment:

  1. I love how proud Michael looks in all the pictures!

    If you guys ever need to get rid of some spices or peppers just bring them in! Josh loves cooking with fresh ingredients!

    ReplyDelete