Sunday, August 29, 2010

35 Weeks...

Ok, so it looks like my good luck with having such a great pregnancy has run out. Last Friday while at work, I got up to use the restroom and was overcome with pain over my pubic bone. Every step I took the pain got worse unfortunately and it never ceased. So I looked it up on the internet and apparently what I have is called Pubic Symphysis Diastasis. This is where, usually in later pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes the pelvis, particularly at the pubic bone, to loosen. This is supposed to make birth easier for mom and baby. I guess that is my body's way of preparing for childbirth which shouldn't be too far away now. My last two visits to the doctor confirmed that her head was down as she's preparing.

I went to the doctor just to get things checked out and he said that unfortunately it probably won't get better but will get worse. I can't really complain though because I have truly been blessed with such a good pregnancy up to this point. The only downfall though, besides the pain of course, is that I can't work out because it hurts to even walk. I have been lucky enough to work from home which has been nice and hopefully will help with the pain.

Michaiah is now the size of a honeydew and weighs about 5.5 lbs now.From now on, her growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though she won't get much longer, she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (She's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) Her hearing is also totally developed.


Almost there...


Michaiah's size at 35 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment