Wednesday, May 26, 2010

22 Weeks...

At 11 - 12 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, she is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily. Her liver, with some help from Mom, is starting to break down bilirubin, a substance produced by red blood cells.

She is also kicking a lot more nowadays and I think she is starting to get into a routine although still sleeping between 12-14 hours a day. I usually feel her kicking around 5am, 11am, 8pm and then right before I fall asleep. It's really a weird feeling and hard to describe to someone who has never experienced it...but at the same time I love it. I can't wait to meet her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment