Shortly after my appointment, about 1pm, I was admitted to labor and delivery and there we began our journey. The rooms at the hospital were very nice and all of the nurses were great. Michael and I watched a movie, took a nap, ate some sushi and walked laps around the hospital to get things moving.
We continued to do laps around the hospital but these laps kept getting shorter and shorter as the contractions were becoming more and more frequent and stronger and stronger. It wasn’t too much longer until I was 6 centimeters and then just when I thought I couldn’t take any more pain and wanted an epidural the nurse checked me again and I was at 9 ½ centimeters! The only thing left to do really was to push. After about 10-15 minutes of pushing, and about 8 hours after my water breaking, our little blessing, Michaiah Eliana, was born.
Michaiah Eliana Stephens was born at 8:52pm weighing 7lbs 10oz and 20½ inches long. She has bluish gray eyes and what looked like black curly hair is now straight brown hair. She couldn’t be more perfect in our eyes. She’s truly a gift from God and we feel truly blessed to have her in our lives.


Congratulations from all of us! She is a beautiful baby girl! We cannot wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little girl!!! We are so happy for you! Your parents must be sooooo excited, too. Being a grandparent is such a joy!!
ReplyDeleteLove to you all! XOXOXOX
Congrats!!! Antione and I are soooo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteMonique :)
OH MY GOSH!!!! She is precious...congrats on a beautiful baby and a great labor (good job mama :o). She'll have to met her lil' buddy Caleb soon.
ReplyDelete~Kim (from Michael's gym)
Jen!! Oh my gosh...here I am reading about someone that Becky Hufana knows, and I'm thinking "oh what a cute baby"...then as I scroll down further, I realize who this adorable new babys mommy is!!! Congrats! So good to see you!!
ReplyDelete