Thursday, September 9, 2010

37 Weeks...

Another week closer. My last doctor visit revealed that Michaiah's head is really low and that I am dilated one centimeter. I know...I have a lot more centimeters to go but hey it's a start.

Michaiah's now the size of a watermelon!
I am full-term (yay!) even though my due date is three weeks away.  If I were to go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though). She is also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).
 
She weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). She's also acquiring important antibodies from me that will protect her from life-threatening diseases, when she enters into this world. She receives 'natural immunization' for another six months after her birth with breast milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment