Michaiah now weighs approximately 3.5 pounds (like carrying four navel oranges), measures just over 18 inches from head to heel, and is getting used to the world of light and dark by opening and closing her eyes. Her facial muscles continue to strengthen, and she can make different expressions. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. Her lungs are nearly mature; however, these last few weeks are crucial to healthy and complete lung development.
Michaiah's going through major brain and nerve development these days. All of her five senses are now in working order. (She won't pick up anything from her nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.) Her rhythmic breathing and body temperature are now controlled by the brain and connections between the nerve cells in the brain increase.
Some of the amniotic fluid has to be removed at this point to make room for the growing baby so in essence that would mean that I have about half as much fluid as I did about a month ago. Less fluid means less cushion and so I'm feeling her kicks and movements more intensely.
We will get to meet our daughter before too long now and it is so exciting. I have been so blessed with such a wonderful pregnancy so far and so many wonderful things have been given to us by friends and family. I am still truly amazed at this miracle that is happening inside of me. I always new that I wanted to have kids but to actually experience it is truly an amazing experience.I can't even begin to put this whole experience into words. All I can say is that it is truly the work of God.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment