Friday, July 16, 2010

29 Weeks...

Michaiah might best be described as long and strong at this point! She now weighs about 2 3/4 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, she'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron so I'd better start paying attention a little more to what I eat. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I've got to make sure to drink my milk! This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into her hardening skeleton each day.


Her activity will keep getting more frequent and stronger in the weeks to come. They say that some of her jabs might even take my breath away. Let's hope she doesn't take after her father with his jab. During the next 11 weeks she'll more that double or triple her current weight.


Here is a picture from this week. Hopefully next week I'll be able to post pictures of her room...finally!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment